Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Time for some catching up!

Ok its been awhile since I have posted and I have to apologize. First I bit off more than I should have for the month of November - starting up your own business takes a lot of work and I wanted to offer a lot of classes and do a lot of things. And I was doing ok until I had some health issues pop up and completely throw me off. Thankfully I was able to push through and completed all of my classes and only had to cancel one Open Studio evening.

AND I am VERY HAPPY to say that I'm now been given a clean bill of health and starting to gain back my energy! Praise God! I'm beyond thankful for everyone who was praying for me, for the support in sweet text msg's and emails and even some amazing home cooked meals!

So enough about me - on to something fun. I wanted to share with you what I did with the November Paper Pumpkin kit.

So if you haven't heard of Stampin' Up's Paper Pumpkin before - its an amazing kit that comes directly to your door each month. The kit includes all the supplies needed to make some amazing projects like cards, home decor, gift packaging and more. Plus every month, Stampin' Up provides a video that demonstrates how to assemble each kit.

So you can create the project as intended or if you're feeling the urge to get a little creative you can come up with your own designs. And thats what I did with this months kit.

So here is what the intended project:


The November box was a special holiday box - thats why its blue. So cute. And like I mentioned the box comes with the stamps, inks, adhesives - everything you need - to create 8 of these cards. 

Now the cards were smaller than I normally send for Christmas cards so I knew I wanted to try something different with supplies I had on hand. So I decided to create this:


I used the Dapper Denim cardstock (5.5x4.25) as the base, with a Dapper Denim envelope paper (5.25x4) along with a (5x3.75) piece of vellum that I used the snowflake stamp (included in kit) on in each of the corners. I then took the main part of the card and assembled as directed except first I used the Sponge Brayer tool (pictured above) to colour the background pieces in the dapper denim. 
I love the look of this so much! I used some stampin' deminsionals on the white cardstock to raise that area. I'm very happy with how this turned out. I really enjoyed using the brayer tool - very easy - if you are interested in seeing  a video with how to use this tool please let me know! 

So if you are a subscriber to Paper Pumpkin - your December kit should be arriving soon! I love how it's a surprise in our mailbox every month! Who doesn't love happy mail!

Interested in trying it out? Or possibly gifting to someone on your Christmas list?


A Paper Pumpkin prepaid subscription is the perfect gift for all of your crafty friends! Choose from 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and a fully designed project kit will arrive each month at their door with stamps, ink and paper so they can skip to the fun part of crafting. Purchase a prepaid subscription today!


1 comment:

  1. ADORE!I love how you were inspired to make the Paper Pumpkin your own! And I'm so intrigued by the brayer! May need to add that to my list of purchases in the new year!

    ReplyDelete