Thursday, August 9, 2018

INK & SHARE SCRAPBOOK BLOG HOP


Welcome to the first Ink & Share Scrapbook Blog Hop! I'm so glad you have joined us!  This month, our first, fellow crafters from around the world are bringing you a selection of scrapbook layouts using current Stampin' Up! products. 

I am excited to use some of my Designer Series Paper and stamps to put together a layout of my nephews birthday party - I've needed the push to get back into scrapbooking!

I like to take inspiration from the photos to get a colour palette if possible. In this layout I used Pineapple Punch and Real Red. Thats one of things I love about Stampin' Up! - all of the colour options we have and how well things coordinate!


I kept the layout very simple - I wanted the focus to be on the pictures - I love the series of him seeing his cake, blowing out the candles and so excited with himself. The other two photos help bring life to the journalling. 

I did a bit of stamping for the layout - again keeping things simple. I added a background stamp, in the top left and bottom right corners, from the Touches of Texture set in Pineapple Punch ink. I wanted to add the date of the event so using the Make a Difference set I stamped it out in Real Red ink. 


The title - Happy 4 Birthday was made using the Happy Birthday die, I cut it apart and then using the Fine-Tip glue to layer together 3 white die cuts and one Real Red - this gives the die cut depth and helps raise them up without too much bulk. 
The number 4 is from a retired die set.



I like to keep the journalling easy, so I typed it out and cut it into strips using the trimmer. 

I have a few more photos from the day so I will add those into a pocket page to go in my album beside this layout - super simple - but the story is documented and my photos are easy to see and definitely my focal point - always key for me in my scrapbooking.

For a list of all the supplies I used please scroll to the end of this post.

Thank you for hopping to my site and checking out my project! 

Click on the Next button to head to Lisa’s blog to check out her amazing project! 


Ink & Share Scrapbook Blog Hop
August Roll Call



SHOP ANYTIME ON MY 24/7 ONLINE STORE




Product List

10 comments:

  1. Nice use of spidey colors. I like the yellow splashes behind the real red title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!!! Love the layered title detail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Amy! Thanks for participating in our blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page Amy, love the colours you have used. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is awesome! You're right - the colours coordinate perfectly! I also love the added playful details - like switching up your patterned papers and adding in some textures!

    ReplyDelete