Wednesday, April 19, 2017

APRIL PAPER PUMPKIN KIT REVEAL

Wow - I received my April Paper Pumpkin kit in the mail on Monday. As promised it was fantastic and I had so much fun putting it together!  

I have already seen several people posting pictures of what they have created using the kit on the Paper Pumpkin Fan Facebook Group - be sure to check it out.

As always the kit comes with a handout to show you how to put it together and a video - check it out!
Even if you didn't get the kit there are a lot of ideas and water colouring techniques that you might find useful. 





Here is what I created using the kit:



I put the first three together as per their instructions - the only difference was I used my Aqua Painter Brushes and my own watercolour pencils (you can see a list of supplies at the bottom of this post that I used in addition to what was in the box)

Then I started to play a bit:



Here I added a piece of the Melon Mambo cardstock

Then I started to use my ink pads and aqua painters to put together these:
(I rub the ink pad onto a clear block and then add water - makes for easy clean up)


(I added a few of the Daffodil Delight enamel shapes)


(I added a few of the Melon Mambo enamel shapes)





I started to use my new ink pad - Lemon Lime Twist
(Sara hinted at it in the video - its one of the new In Colours and it will be available with the other four in June!)

I liked the look of it mixed with the Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point


(I also used Pacific Point card stock and enamel shapes)



(I used the Bermuda Bay card stock and enamel shapes)


If you received the April kit - I would love to see what you do with it - be sure to post some of your favourite creations on the Create & Share Facebook group - you will be entered to win a FREE gift!

And if you don't miss the fun in May - be sure to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin by May 10th - check it out here for all the details. 



ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES USED:

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOOD GOLLY GOSH!!! I *adore* your creations! They are fun and funky and flirty and overall FANTASTIC! I LOVE how you have played with the designs and made them your own by bringing in accents and cardstock! 💙💚💛

    And you're right - lots of great tips for water colour techniques, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked them thanks April! Glad the video was helpful too!

      Delete